Athletes and Friends. Before you register for ANY event you should ask yourself the following:
- What am I getting for participating?
- Who are the people behind the event?, and
- What is their philosophy for doing what they do?”
Here is our philosophy:
- I put on races because of the passion I have for the sport. I am a racer first, race director second. I know what I want when I go to an event. I want bang for my buck. I want to feel “TLC” all over the place. I want the impression that the RD put in more than he/she is getting out.
- I want a challenging course. I want to laugh, I want to cry (because I gave everything I could out on the course and because of that the pain can sometimes be overwhelming). If it were easy,”Then everyone would do it!” I want a great award and a great finisher medal. Truthfully, I want a cotton T-shirt so I can wear it to BBQ’s and parties, not a tech t-shirt that I can only wear when I work out.
- I want to eat GREAT FOOD after the event. I don’t want boxed cookies and gallons of water on a table. I want to see the RD spring for a little extra for giveaways.
- I want great music.
- I want variety. I want a venue that doesn’t look like every other race in the region. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a factory. I don’t want assembly line treatment.
- I believe we can cater to the “Average Joe” equally if not better than the Pro’s.
- So, what can you expect at one of my events? Experience is the best review. Have I screwed up in the past? Yes. Have I corrected my errors. Definitely. Am I going to make future mistakes? Most certainly. Will I also push the envelope and try to make things better than the year before? Of course. Why do I do what I do? Because my gut tells me to.